TIME: 20 MINUTES
This light chicken soup with added cabbage is an immune-boosting power combo that helps improve hydration, reduce inflammation and ward off bacterial infections.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil or butter½ celery stalk, sliced finely
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp each dried onion and parsley
- A pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- 225 ml chicken broth
- ½ medium sized carrot, sliced into rounds
- 120 g shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups green cabbage sliced into “noodle”
- Slices of fresh lemon
Add the oil to a large pot on medium heat. Add the dried onion, diced onion, celery, carrots, mushrooms and garlic into the pot and saute for 3-4 minutes until translucent and fragrant. Add the broth, parsley, salt, and pepper. Simmer until vegetables are tender. Add the cabbage and simmer for an additional 8 to 12 minutes until the cabbage “noodles” are tender. Lastly add the cooked and shredded chicken and allow to heat through. Top with fresh lemon slices.