Oat and Date Balls
Oat and date balls are a quick, on the go snack. Make them ahead of time and keep them around to pop in your mouth when you’re a little peckish!
- 1 cup dates
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- Place dates in a pot of water and bring to the boil.
- Drain the dates and put the liquid into a container and set aside for later.
- Place drained dates, coconut, peanut butter, oats and cacao powder in a food processor or a blender.
- Place the mixture into a bowl.
- Slowly add roughly 1/4 of the date liquid to the mix (you may need a little more liquid than this, add it slowly until the mix holds its shape. If you accidentally add too much liquid add a little more of the other dry ingredients to balance).
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Roll mixture into 12 balls and store in the fridge or freezer.
- Roll in extra coconut if desired.
- Make extra and freeze them for a last-minute snack
- This recipe makes 12 balls.