TIME: 15 MINS
Swap out the chicken for steak or try using mushrooms for a vegetarian alternative.
- 2 chicken breasts or any protein of choice
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Jalapeno, chopped (according to taste) OR 1/2
- tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder and cumin
- 1 cup quinoa, or brown rice cooked
- 1 cup lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 Tbsp. salsa
- 2 Tbsp cheese of choice, grated
- Lime wedge for serving
Preheat grill or a large frying pan to medium-high. Combine jalapenos, oil, garlic powder and cumin in a small bowl. Oil the grill rack or frying pan. Season chicken with salt. Grill the chicken for 5 mins. Turn, brush with the jalapeno mixture and continue cooking, 3 to 5 mins more or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a clean cutting board. Chop into bite-size pieces. Assemble each burrito bowl with ½ cup quinoa, ½ cup chicken, ½ cup lettuce, ¼ tomatoes, ¼ cup beans, ¼ avocado, 1 Tbsp salsa and 1 Tbsp cheese. Serve with a lime wedge.