FRESH ORANGE ZEST MUFFINS
Time: 35 minutes
These fresh muffins are perfect for a picnic or on-the-go snack. The high-fibre content of the apple sauce and immune-boosting properties of oranges result in a healthy and wholesome treat!
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl. Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl. Mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Carefully spoon batter into muffin cups using two tablespoons.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool before removing them from the pans.
- Transfer muffins into a freezer bag and keep in the freezer up to two months.